DOSATRON proportional dosing units have long been used in animal husbandry and agriculture, for instance in drinking water treatment and for the acidification of drinking water. The treated drinking water can be used to administer medicines, vaccines and food supplements easily and precisely. Proportional dosing units are also used is in the disinfection of stables and other agricultural buildings.
DOSATRON proportional dosing units excel in day-to-day use due to their high precision and reliability. Using DOSATRON dosing pumps to administer medication and vaccinate animals in the drinking water guarantees precise repeatability of the required dosage.
DOSATRON dosing pumps can be used in a multitude of ways and are easily adapted to suit a wide range of local conditions
DOSATRON dosing pumps excel in animal husbandry and agriculture thanks to:
- a broad range of unit models that offer the appropriate configurations to suit local conditions and requirements, for example for a wide variety of animal species and specific properties of the admixtures,
- resource-saving operation, e.g. due to independence from the mains power supply and self-priming up to 4 m,
- automatic compensation of fluctuations in the production process, e.g. in temperature, pressure, viscosity.*
* Within the design-specific tolerances of the respective unit (see Dosing Technology product catalogue or speak to one of our technical consultants).
Drinking water medication
Sick animals or animals needing medical treatment sometimes refuse to eat solid food. Adding water-soluble medicines or food supplements to drinking water using a DOSATRON proportional dosing unit solves this problem quickly, efficiently and flexibly.
Drinking water medication avoids many of the problems of conventional medication, e.g. the inconsistent absorption of medication in the feed or potential undesirable interactions between the medication and feed additives.
DOSATRON dosing pumps excel in drinking water medication thanks to:
- immediate, flexible reaction to an epidemic situation,
- precise and homogeneous dosing that can be monitored, controlled and, if necessary, adjusted on site by the vet,
- a wide variety of pumps, housings and seals for special applications (e.g. micro-dosing units for chlorination, acidification and brood hygiene applications).
Drinking water conditioning and acidification
DOSATRON proportional dosing units are perfect for disinfecting drinking water using chlorine derivatives or special peroxides. In areas with high water hardness, we recommend occasional descaling by the addition of 10 % diluted hydrochloric acid. The appropriate seals (AF or VF) and pump bodies made of PVDF should always be used when handling acids and alkalis.
According to numerous studies, organic acids in the drinking water of breeding animals improve the breeding results. We recommend the DOSATRON special ACIDS series for use with acidic admixtures. This series of pumps is made of special plastic (PVDF) designed for permanent contact with highly concentrated acids.
Disinfection of stables
A wide variety of cleaning agents and disinfectants are used to disinfect and clean stables and other agricultural buildings. DOSATRON proportional dosing units ensure that under- or overdosing is avoided when using such mixtures – irrespective of changes in water pressure or flow rate fluctuations*.
*Within the design-specific tolerances of the respective unit (see Dosing Technology product catalogue or speak to one of our technical consultants).
Purchasing & Sales D/A/CH
Tel.: +49 751 295 12 130
We are at your service. You can reach us by phone or e-mail during business hours
- 800 - 1700
- 800 - 1430